Sunday, 4 August 2013

Harmonic Drive Update

I found some nylon weed wacker line in the shed so I tried it in the printer and surprise it worked it's very strong and flexible after a few prints I retried the flex spline of the Harmonic drive I had to adjust the perimeter size to get 3 perimeter lines . The print is a bit rough and the teeth are not so well formed but it is flexible and strong so far it's run for 2 hours before the PLA bushes in the wave generator failed (they should have been bearings) the flex spline shows no sign of wear

After a quick repair of the bushes the drive is running again if I can get 10 hours of operation before fail of the flex spline I will add it to a drive base and see how it holds up to regular use

No comments:

Post a Comment