Friday 28 December 2012

Adding Feedback

Added a position feedback using the potentiometers from the servos
the voltage appears to be .5V to 1.85V I connected this to the analog pin
and mapped the values to 180 using a range of 0 to 500 the angles shown in RVIZ look to fairly close but the joints jitter about 10 degrees I tried using the Aref pin and supplying 2 volt with a voltage divider but this doesn’t seem to work giving me a reference voltage of 0 ? I'm running a smoothing of 20 while it helps its still not good enough.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Peter, are you using the potentiometer in the place I designed or do you use it another way? Could you show with a drawing what connection you did from the pot to the analog pin on the arduino? It would be interesting to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using the potentiometer from the servo (centre pin) and connecting that to a arduino analog pin (A5) I put a voltage divider(2v) on the Aref pin then mapped the input from the potentiometer (0 - 1023) to 0 - 180 degrees. The out put still has a lot of noise but i think this is from the servo. I want to try using a open servo board and have load and velocity feedback as well as position and cut down on the wiring I cant send any photos as I’m on a road trip for a few days

    ReplyDelete